Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Martha Stewart Show and Etsy


  I had a one great and memorable adventure day yesterday. I went to Martha Stewart Show ! Yey, that was truly exciting. They were filming episode about Etsy and Etsy sellers, crafters, makers, artists etc. I have never been to any TV show, so on the top of hanging out with awesome, creative and colorful crowd of talented people, I had a opportunity to check out behind the scenes of famous Martha Stewart Show.




  I must say, the whole show was run super smooth and flawless. Highest level of professionalism, very impressive work. It was absolutely great to see Martha Stewart in action ! These lady really knows her work, very calm and self-confident, there is a lot to learn from her.  And I love her openness to trying new crafts! During this episode there was  a little workshop about how to make whimsical jewelry using polymer clay with seller Jessica Partain from 'Inedible Jewelry'. Martha did her best putting this craft together. And believe me, you need to have some skills to make it happen. Also Also Matt Stinchcomb, Etsy’s vice president of marketing, was giving  helpful tips for starting your own shop on Etsy.  Beautiful, unique creations from Etsy sellers where all over the studio, many of them  that I have seen on Etsy site, so it was truly amazing to see it in person. I was really blown away by beauty of all handmade creations.  The audience was filled with  Etsy seller and everyone  was asked to bring one item to show off, so I brought  with me my new addition to crown collection : Fancy Schmancy Birthday Crown.


 Unfortunately, I TOTALLY forgot to take my camera to take some photos ! From all the possible days, trips etc. yesterday I totally forgot to carry with me my very special extension of my body- my precious camera.  I couldn't believe myself that it happened, but well I guess that will be a sweet unforgettable memory kept in my head just for myself. But  hopefully I will be able to see it my creation on TV. The show will be on air  Thursday April 26th, at 10 am and 2pm. After that you can watch it on internet on Hallmark website http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/themarthastewartshow/home . Every Etsy seller that came to the show was photographed with their items, so maybe I will get a glimpse of fame :)...and here is the glimpse on Etsy audience from show filmed that day, I got my personal photo! yey :)  http://www.marthastewart.com/902171/etsy-show-audience#/902157
 Now, back to studio prepping for Maya's Birthday Party and TWO craft shows coming up in two weeks , I don't think I will sleep for about two weeks.

17 comments:

  1. Go glad you enjoyed the show: Am totally amazed that Martha Stewart is still going (she was at it when we lived in Canada in the 1980's!) Thoroughly enjoyed reading your post - and now that I've got back on Blogger at www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com, I'm looking forward to sharing my news with all my blogging friends too. Would love to see you visit sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isobel, Thank you for stopping by :). I love your toy stories and work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aneta! What a wonderful opportunity for you! I could just feel your excitement through your words. How were you selected for the show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, you're so lucky! I wish I could go to a Martha Stewart show :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cinnamonspice, they needed more people and one of my friends took me as a guest :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi. I am a leader on Etsy Lush and I wanted to thank you for posting on our team forum about the Martha Stewart Show. I never would have known to watch on Thursday if you had not posted the info. I am a leader on multiple other teams and I will post this info on those as well. Thanks again for thinking of us :)
    Becca Swan
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/RaveBracelets

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI Becca,
    Yes, please spread the news :) I think this special edition of Martha Stewart Show is really fantastic PR for all Etsy sellers, more people know about Etsy and handmade movement, more will be happy to appreciate and buy unique items from creative, self-employed artists, crafters, makers. I hoping more media will be covering Etsy stories soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's very exciting! I will share your post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome! Great job! And meeting the queen of craft- wow!
    Astrid
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/AnAstridEndeavor

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome opportunity!! WoW! I will have to see it later on Hallmark internet. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fantastic experience! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That would have been such an exciting experience!! Wow! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a thrilling experience! I just read about this on the Etsykids Team page - thanks for sharing! I am so happy for you and for all of us etsy sellers :) Very cool! And somehow I can relate to you forgetting your camera! Sometimes I can't believe I don't have mine with me for some of the most important moments! Luckily, lots of photos were taken I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Beautiful! :) I am a new like on facebook and new follower here from DID!:) Stop by our blog at http://uniquemargarita.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations Aneta!!! such a great experience + opportunity! i am a hard core etsy supporter i think i shop more than the grocery store :). Love your beautiful crown <3

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a wonderful experience! I wish I had seen this sooner so I could have watched it.

    ReplyDelete